Lately, my friends have been feeling down lately. Whether it would be getting through a relationship or being concerned of their reputation. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve felt the same many times before, too. Currently, for me, it’s more of stressing over grades, homework load, and whether I could manage my time wisely through my sophomore year. I’ve wondered, how do people stay so happy, when there are constantly people putting others down and sadness everywhere? I’ve always wondered how to be that one positive person in the sea of negative people. I would sometimes let the negative people drag me down with them. When I had problems, I’d keep them bottled up thinking no one cared for them. I didn’t want to be the person who dragged others down with them. I wanted to be positive, make people feel better, and be happier for myself and others!
Some ways that I wanted to share that could help bring a smile to others/just saving them from having a bad day:
- Be genuine. Show your true self!
- Tell them how great they are.
- Be a great listener. They’ll feel loved knowing someone values their thoughts/opinions.
- But remember, be respectful of others’ needs too! We can choose to brighten up their day.
- Don’t try to change them, but rather, try to help them be themselves!
- Also, you DO NOT have to agree with everything they say to maintain a good relationship with them. Be kind, but you can agree to disagree.
Hope you have a great day today! And don’t forget to stay positive for others too!